Thursday, September 6, 2007

I'm living at a rest area... with gypsies.

Okay picture this. An old fashioned rest stop with a circular drive and shelters with picnic tables. Now add about 11 cars, station wagons and vans in varying degrees of disrepair ( these vehicles are homes). Sprinkle about 20 people around but imagine them using 3 distinct languages and give them about 100 tatoos and piercings. Oh yeah and dread locks. Be aware that they have all been working on the same farm for months and are now on holiday. Next add music (gypsie music) and alcohol. All of them smoke but they roll their own cigarettes. It is night and it is raining. They have two vans backed up together with a tarp over them and they are cooking out of the "kitchen" of each van. And they are not just cooking. These people who are cooking are french. They have started out with coffees and chocolate and have moved onto true French cuisine (crepes) and wine. People are dancing, laughing and singing. Now before you go back in time to the old gypsie ways; add a few computers, digital cameras and of course, the music comes from an ipod. This is the life I am experiencing. It is amazing. Now don't think I am stuck at this rest area. These people know the best beaches ( and I mean beautiful), free laundry (I'm not telling) and free international telephone calls ( I'm not telling). Free hot showers and free electric is available at all state parks. Everything we need. I can travel with them for the next week then our paths will seperate. Who needs socks?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me so much of you...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Enjoy your journey womyn !

Anonymous said...

Tracy you are amazing!! What an adventure! Only you my friend, can find a band of gypsies. Gypsies of the 21st century, no less! Will be interested to hear about how you are getting "free" calls and laundry-come on, give us a little hint.

Love,

Jenny P.

Anonymous said...

We always knew that you were a gypsie just like your sisters. Have fun but be careful! I'm glad you will have friends meeting up with you!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Even Laurie can't think of a Haiku for that one!! Oh wait, here she goes!!!

Gypsy Haiku

Dance! Sing! The air is
sweet with tobacco and crepes.
Who the hell needs socks?


...I'm gonna try this Haiku stuff:

Weez's Haiku

Stinky wet tube socks
Free stuff abounds!! Your mama!
Tracy gypsy chick!!!!!!!

...nothing to it....;);)0)
..okay...well...nevermind...;)

weez

(next week...sonnets!)

Anonymous said...

Are there any gypsy cats?

ceeblet said...

Aren't all cats gypsies? I mean, you know, in their hearts at least?

Anonymous said...

Whats the rules for the haiku...Im feeling the urge to add...gyspy kings and queens...I need rules...
You go girl, I'm smiling at your life right now! Oh how I wish I could...someday I will again,
Kara