Sunday, October 7, 2007

Japan: Lesson One. We are not the only ones in this world.

I was fortunate enough to have someone meet in Tokyo. Cindy had a family member named Anne that lives in Tokyo and was kind enough to not only meet me but to let me stay with her and her husband. Cindy went to lengths to make sure things went well. Anne was patient with my many changes of plans. She eventually, once I had a confirmed flight, was able to tell me what public transportation to take to her apartment once in Tokyo. Cindy sent Anne pictures of me so that Anne could easily recognize me when I got off what was promised to be a crowded bus. I was happy about that because, well, I was a little nervous without my gypsies around. What Anne later told me was she could not understand why we thought she needed pictures of me, she said I was easy to recognize. It was then that I realized I was the ONLY big, tall, white, blue eyed, blonde on the bus. Thank God Anne had pictures.

No comments: