Saturday, January 26, 2008

India

There is a distinct absence of India posts. I can't explain it either. I guess I am still trying to get my head wrapped around India. It is something so far out of my realm it is hard to reconcile in my western mind. It is something I rejected and accepted all at the same time. Was grossed out by and fascinated with. Drawn to and repelled by. Kind of like a train wreck. I'll get to it though. Soon. Right now I am in S. Africa. Wow is this place beautiful; and ugly with turmoil. I am staying at a hostel that is part of an organic farm. There are horses here as well. I am able to work three days in the garden in exchange for seven days of free accomodation. Went to the grocery today and bought food. My total expense for 8 days 7 nights will be 36$. My kind of place. Kruger here I come! Remember the film "Born Free"? The day I saw that film I wanted to be here and see lions. Sometimes it chokes me up to think it just might happen. Miss you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again. Looking forward to the next update. What an amazing journey you're on.
{{take care }}
-- Judy

Anonymous said...

Tracy...
Good to hear that you've found some work and are enjoying being in SAfrica.
The stories re India will come...
Love,
Jan